Friday, April 15, 2011

Extreme Couponing or Not

I thought I would give the whole couponing game a try. I did fairly well at Harris Teeter. I made one mistake though and didn't realize it until I got home and looked at my reciept. They had Vlasic Pickle Spears or stackers for BOGO. I grabbed 2 jars of the only thing they had left which were the mini snackers. It didn't matter because I only paid $1.89 vs $2.99 for that jar using a .55 coupon (which doubled). I didn't need many groceries but what I needed was on sale. I spent $26.59 for $52.17 worth of food. Food Lion was a little stressful. Its hard to concentrate with Kara wanting everything. I did decent there. They also had the Vlasic pickles BOGO. The difference was every kind of pickle (including relish was part of the deal). They had blinkies, also. After the markdown of one jar of pickles to .79 and using my .75 coupon, I only paid .4 for a jar of pickles. My total spent at Food Lion using coupons and MVP prices was $42.01 from $63.68. What I saved was a start. The more I learn and get used to using coupons I hope my totals go down. I don't think I will ever be like those people I see on TV. I cant imagine having to push around 3 carts and taking hours to check out. I would be stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment